Criminal Law, Evidence and Procedure
The main objective of this Course is to provide the participants with detailed knowledge and skills in the rules of evidence and procedure as they apply to criminal trials. The Course will accordingly include a study of the following:
- Court structure and hierarchy;
- A theoretical framework for the rules of procedure and identification of the values and policies on which the rules are based;
- A run-down of all phases of criminal litigation starting from trial phase to appeal and review;
- Rules and quantum of evidence in criminal proceedings; and
- Types of offences and legal defenses.